The members of the Interstate Technology & Regulatory Council (ITRC) Fractured Rock Team wish to acknowledge the individuals, organizations, and agencies that contributed to this Technical and Regulatory Web-based Guidance Document.
The team also wishes to recognize the efforts of the following individuals as authors and contributors to the text and organization of the guidance:
The Team recognizes the efforts and important contributions of the following state environmental personnel:
- Naji Akladiss, Maine Department of Environmental Protection;
- David Scheer, Minnesota Pollution Control Agency
- Michael B Smith, Vermont Department of Environmental Protection
- Aaron Cohen. Florida Department of Environmental Protection
- Cydney Faul-Halsor, Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection
- Aaron Green, Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection
- Lisandro Suarez, Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection
- Alexander MacDonald, California Regional Water Quality Board, Central Region
- Thomas Seckington, California Department of Toxics Substance Control
- Alexander Wardle, Virginia Department of Environmental Quality
- Larry Syverson, Virginia Department of Environmental Quality
The Team recognizes the efforts and valuable contributions of the following academic and stakeholder representatives:
- Warren Barrash, Boise State University
- Konstantinos Kostarelos, University of Houston
- Eric Nuttall, University of New Mexico
- James Heinzman, Public Stakeholder
- Iona Black, Yale University, Public Stakeholder
The Team recognizes the efforts and valuable contributions of the following consultants and industry representatives:
- Bob Bond, Langan Engineering and Environmental Services
- Melissa Boysun, Environmental Resource Management
- Dan Bryant, Woodard and Curran
- Richard Desrosiers, GZA Geoenvironmental, Inc.
- John Dougherty, CDM Smith
- Scott Engel, CH2M Hill
- Richard Evans, Groundwater and Environmental Services, Inc.
- Michael Gefell, Anchor QEA
- Nathan Hagelin, AMEC Foster Wheeler
- Jeffrey Hale, Kleinfelder
- Eric Hanis, Hanis Consulting
- Ian Hers, Golder Associates, Ltd.
- Jason House, Woodard and Curran
- Trevor King, AECOM
- Mark Malander, ExxonMobil
- Tamzen Macbeth, CDM Smith
- Johannes Mark, Environmental Resources Management
- Christopher Mulry, Groundwater and Environmental Services, Inc.
- Jeremy Musson, Pinyon Environmental
- Robert O’Neill, Brown and Caldwell
- Erin Palko, Integral Consulting
- Heather Rectanus; Battelle Memorial Institute
- David Reynolds, Geosyntec Consultants
- Ellen Richard, Barr Engineering Company
- Michael Sieczkowski, JRW Bioremediation
- Lizanne Simmons, Kleinfelder
- Leslie Steele, Kleinfelder
- James Studer, InfraSUR LLC
- Eric Tollefsrud, Geosyntec Consultants
- Seema Turner, Ramboll Environ
- Edward (Ted) Tyler, Kleinfelder
- Keith White, Arcadis
- Ryan Wymore, CDM Smith
The Team recognizes the efforts and valuable contributions of the following federal personnel:
- Paul Beam, DOE HQ EM-12, Groundwater and Soil Remediation
- Linda Fiedler, USEPA OSRTI
- Cindy Frickle, USEPA OLEM/OSRTI/TIFSD
- Daniel Groher, US Army Corps of Engineers
- Steve Hammett, NAVFAC Engineering and Expeditionary Warfare Center (EXWC)
- Ray Ledbetter, USEPA Office of Superfund Remediation and Technology Innovation
- Pierre Lacombe, United State Geological Survey
Many others offered advice, suggestions, reviews and edits. The entire team member list can be seen in Appendix G.
- A special thank you goes to Pinyon Environmental and Jeremy Musson. Pinyon volunteered to build the downloadable Tool Selection Table, which is linked in this guidance and the previous ITRC Integrated Site Characterization Guidance (ITRC 2015b).
- A final thanks to Steve R. Hill, RegTech, Inc. for his full support of the project and team from Team Development to completion of the Guidance and Training.
As part of the broader ITRC effort, the Fractured Rock Team effort is funded by the U.S. Department of Energy. the U.S. Department of Defense, ,the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, and the ITRC Industry Affiliates Program.